Grilled Shrimp Skewers
1 lb medium shrimp, peeled, deveined & toweled dry so marinade sticks
n ¼ cup olive oil
n 4 cloves garlic
n 2 teaspoons parsley
n 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
n 1/8 teaspoon oregano
n salt and pepper
n 3 teaspoons fresh breadcrumbs or panko
1) If using wooden skewers, soak for 30
2) Put all ingredients in large bowl and then add shrimp
3) Toss well to coat shrimp
4) Thread shrimp onto skewers
5) Preheat grill to medium heat, then lightly oil the grill grate
6) Cook the shrimp for 2-3 minutes per side or until opaque.
Can be used as appetizers or dinner. Goes
great with rice pilaf.
Creamy Shrimp Wonton Appetizers
24 Chinese Wonton Wrappers
n Eight oz pkg softened cream cheese
n 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
n 1 teaspoon salt
n 24 Shrimp (shelled, deveined, cooked -
grilled, sautéed or boiled)
n ½ cup chopped green onions plus
n ¼ cup green onions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Place wonton wraps in muffin tin (like a napkin in a basket); spritz
lightly with oil. Bake 10 minutes until crispy. I use my mini muffin tin.
3. Blend cream cheese, garlic, salt and ½ cup onion until soft and creamy.
4. Place approx 1 Tablespoon cream cheese mixture in center of each wrap
5. Bake for 15 minutes
6. Remove from oven and immediately place 1 Shrimp on top of appetizer
7. Garnish with extra onion. Serve warm or slightly cooled.
Grill Prawn Fettuccine with Wild Mushrooms
¼ cup olive oil
n 1 teaspoon chopped shallot
n 2/3 pound medium prawns, peeled and deveined
n 2 ounces julienne sun-dried tomatoes (packed
n 3 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and
n ¼ cup dry sherry
n 1/8 teaspoon Crushed red pepper flakes
n ½ cup fish stock or bottled clam juice
n 12 oz. Fettuccine, cooked according to
n ¼ teaspoon Salt or to taste
n Freshly ground black pepper to taste
n ¼ cup shredded Fresh Parmesan cheese
1. Heat the
oil over medium-high heat in a large sauté pan. Add the shallot, prawns,
tomatoes and mushrooms. Sauté quickly, until the prawns are just cooked
through, about 3 minutes.
2. Remove from the pan and deglaze the pan with the sherry. Cook until
reduced to a couple of tablespoons. Add the pepper flakes and clam juice.
Put the prawn mixture back into the pan.
3. Drain the pasta and put back into the hot pan. Add the prawn sauce,
salt and pepper. Toss to coat well. Serve garnished with Parmesan.
actually a type of shrimp available only to Italy and her Adriatic neighbors,
but this recipe produces something very similar.
" About 1pound
Shrimp, shelled and deveined
" 6 tablespoons butter
" 1 tablespoon minced green onion
" 1 tablespoon olive oil
" 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
" 2 teaspoons lemon juice
" ¼ tsp salt
" 2 tablespoons minced parsley
" ¼ tsp grated lemon peel
" dash of liquid hot pepper seasoning
dry with paper towels; set aside. Melt butter in a wide frying pan over
medium heat. Stir in green onion, oil, garlic, lemon juice and salt; cook
to pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until Shrimp turn pink (4-5 minutes).
Stir in parsley, lemon peel and hot pepper seasoning.
cook, their color changes from white to pink.
French bread to dip in the garlicky sauce.