Our Favorite Halibut Recipe
I have been told this is the same recipe that Anthony’s Seafood uses to prepare their Halibut.
– 4 (7 to 8 oz) fresh fillets (halibut or ling cod)
– 8 oz dry white wine (Chardonnay or Chablis)
– 1 tsp kosher salt
– 1 cup fine, dry bread crumbs
– 1 cup mayonnaise
– ½ cup sour cream
– ½ cup red onion, very finely chopped
– 2 tsp. Fresh dill, chopped
– 4 sprigs fresh dill
Marinate fillets in white wine mixed with kosher salt for 1 hour. Drain and coat each fillet with bread crumbs. Mix mayonnaise, sour cream, red onion, and fresh dill together. Spread on top of filets like frosting. Place fillets in baking dish moistened with 1 oz of white wine and 1 oz of water. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 45 minutes (depends on how thick the fish is). Bake until the fish is just flaky in mid portion. Serves four.