How to Smoke Salmon
The following recipe is a very simple dry-brine recipe for smoking salmon and other fish.
– Salmon fillets – however many you have, or however many will fit in your smoker at one time
– Dark brown sugar – the amount depends upon how much fish you have (see the next page for details)
– Non-iodized salt (canning salt works well)
– Garlic, preferably fresh pressed garlic
– A large bowl to mix the dry brine in
– A non-metallic container (glass, enamel, plastic) to brine the fish in
– A smoker to smoke the fish in
– Preferred, but not required a vacuum packer and bags to package your finished product.